Looking for something?

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Welcome To Piano Bench Week! Day 4: Gold and Blue Piano Bench

Hello lovelies! I hope you've enjoyed the piano bench spotlight week thus far. Today, we have my most glamorus makeover. While I do not have a before pic, I can tell you that I got it at an "Antique Store" in southern Indiana. And by antique mall, I mean dude had a set up literally in the middle of a field. He never brought his items in. This made me sad for two reasons.... 1). He had two 1940's Taylor Tot strollers rusted out almost beyond recognition. 2). My piano bench was warped and water damaged and just rough.
 
Luckily, I saw past all that. I fixed the water damage and gave it a good sanding. I had my husband cut a new plywood seat and replaced all the rusted hardware. I primed the wood with a layer of white chalk paint, and then painted Martha Stewart Mettalics paint in antique gold over the top, as well as two coats of polycrylic. The seat got upholstered in the usual two inch foam, fleece and scotchguard fashion. I also added ribbon to cover up the staples. The fabric I got at Joann's. It is leftover from a wingback I did earlier but havent finished >.<

The inside
 
The glam fabric
 
 

The fabulous gold legs.
 
All done!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment