Looking for something?

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Glittery Leopard Print Chair

I got this chair from a flea market during the Indiana Covered Bridge Festival. If my mind serves me correctly it was 3 for $15. It was very crudely reupholstered over a damaged cane seat. The seat was removed.
 
 

 
Yup, I'm pretty sure that's blood. Sadly, this isn't the first time this has happened. The husband cut a plywood seat to cover the damaged area. God as new! I had some leopard print fabric left over from the waiting room chairs makeover, so I used that. I used a layer of Martha Stewart Living Textured Metallic paint in Brownstone Brick. I got this at Home Depot and that's the only place Ive seen it so far. Its on their website as well.

 
Overall, I really liked this paint. There is just one problem. It's THICK. Like spackle. It would be perfect for a raised stencil pattern! I just added a little water and gave it a good shake. It has glitter particles inside and shines like a disco ball! So glam. I want to get the black and silver for future projects. After this, I gave it a light sand with 220 grit sandpaper. I tried waxing and it took all the glitter effect away, so I tried poly and that didn't work either. So I fixed it and left it as-is. I scotch guarded the fabric, as usual.
 
 
Check out that sparkle. Gorgeous.




No comments:

Post a Comment